Hi, I'm Jack Clayton! I'm a writer, remaker and pagan. I believe in hope, hearth, and fixing as much shit as I can from down here in the mines. I write about everything from fictional reconstruction to heathenry, practical home magic to fanciful flights of chaos magic, and from pop culture to fashion. The buttons above will take you to my blog and my most-used social media sites. The links below will take you to some of my longer-form writing.
- The Merciful Earth (Direct/Amazon) – a collection of poems, prayers and short fiction in honor of the goddess Mara
- “Words for Hera,” Queen of Olympos: A Devotional Anthology for Hera and Iuno (Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
- “Katabasis,”Into the Great Below: A Devotional For Inanna And Ereshkigal (Asphodel Press)
- Aftertaste, Cassandra comes below, and Persephone greets her
- Baggage (Smashwords/Amazon) – Garcia’s been quietly building her practice as a freelance supernatural troubleshooter in Phoenix for years, and is almost ready to break into full-time if she can just deal with a thief, a library ghost, man-eating mermaids and her own relationship issues.
- Order of St Michael Omnibus (Direct) – Fr. Dylan Shute, a young exorcist and demon hunter, finds himself in the middle of two wars in the desert, and later chases vampires through London's goth underground. Then he finds himself wrapped up in the story of two teenage runaways who are a lot more than they appear.
- The Heart Is Deceitful (Smashwords/Amazon) – It's 1972, and Dan McCarthy is trying his damnedest to dodge the draft, the Department of Superhuman Affairs, and his ex-girlfriend, but all three keep coming back to haunt him.
- Antimony and Lead (Smashwords/Amazon) – The world ended weeks ago and Lacey’s been cast out of the safe bunker she called home with her husband and sister-wives. Now she’s got to figure out where she should go and who she can trust to stay alive in post-apocalyptic Utah.
- Brainflowers (Scribd) – A chapbook collection of essays about tumors, gender, and my relationship with my body.
- Five Years Gone (Smashwords) – a poetry chapbook
Short Stories & Essays
- Through The Screen Doors – Love in a small town, inspired by Dar Williams' Iowa.
- Like Graffiti On the Walls of the Heartland – Small battles can be won, inspired by Green Day's Gloria.
- Baggage: Outtakes – shorts and unfinished scenes
- In Mercy's Shadow, Nothing Grows, (Imaginary Beasts)
- My Own Vineyard, King Solomon and the Shulamite Woman
- Ghosts and Exorcism In China, an overview of exorcism in Chinese folklore. (academia.edu)
- You Can't Take It With You, and You Can't Come in After It, a short analysis of descent myths. (academia.edu)